Camp Bassano 2024
With the Dolomites to the north and flatlands to the south, the micro-climate around Monte Grappa offers superb opportunities for paragliding.
For the fifth year, we are running XC-weeks for pilots who want to develop their thermal and cross country flying. The camp is suitable for pilots who manages taking off from mountains, have some experience in thermal flying and landing in varying conditions. Some experience from XC- or distance flying is a plus.
Our base is in the village of Semonzo del Grappa and to offer the highest quality we keep the groups at maximum seven pilots.
We set daily tasks based on what the day has to offer and we go to different take-offs in the area depending on the level of the group and the weather. We have daily briefings, before and after the flights, and we build on with theory sessions if required.
In this year's Camp Bassano, we run three groups during three weeks and you are welcome to join one, two or all three weeks.
- Bassano.1: 31/8 - 7/9 2024
- Bassano.2: 7/9 - 14/9 2024
- Bassano.3: 14/9 - 21/9 2024
General daily schedule:
- Saturday afternoon: arrivals
- Saturday evening: introduction and general information
- Sunday - Friday: briefing, flying , debfriefing, theory
- Saturday morning: breakfast and traveling home
- Guiding, coaching and retrieve.
This is not included?
- Flight to Venice Airport (Marco Polo) for best communication to Semonzo del Grappa.
- Transfer from at to the airport, that we can help you to book at a cost around 20 € (one way) which you pay to the bus driver.
- Accommodation - we recommend Klaudia BnB at 30 €/nigh for sharing a double room and you pay directly to Klaudia upon the day of departure. Breakfast is not included, so we collect 35 € per guest and week and arrange the breakfast in the BnB kitchen. If you want to find another accommodation there is many options on Booking, AirBnB and Vivere il Grappa, where you also buy the required FlyCard for the area.
- Meals - there are several nice restaurants around the area and we are happy to show what the area offers in the evenings. Since we focus on flying during the days we recommend that you bring water, sandwitch, snacks, etc.
Eventual extra costs
If we get the possiblities to go flying in the Dolomites, Lake Garda, etc and the group agrees to do so, we split the eventual extra costs for local guides, fuel, etc within the group. Tickets and local cost for flying is paid by each pilot on site.
Price: 8 400 SEK (aprox 770 €) incl. VAT per week
You will be invoiced 30 days before the start of Camp Bassano, to be paid within 15 days.
Sign up for Camp Bassano
Sign up by filling out the form below and send ny clicking on “Skicka” and we will return to you with confirmation.
Booking status per 2023-02-22 is
- Bassano.1: 4 places left
- Bassano.2: FULL
- Bassano.3: FULL
Bilder från Klaudias BnB och flygningen runt Montegrappa